Thursday, February 9, 2017

This post brought to you by the letter F

Fun, Fox and Fajitas!

As you know I am crocheting my little fingers off, it is so much fun!

I found this fabulous fox scarf pattern on Ravelry.com for 2.49 cents....I just had to make it!
When I showed my sister what I was going to make she said she really wanted one, her birthday is today and I just finished it, so I will be dropping it in the mail for her...Happy Birthday Christy!!


Oh the cuteness is overwhelming!!! I hope she enjoys him, he was so fun to make...I must get started on mine now!!

Here is a great recipe for you, Steak Fajitas! They were so good!




Here's the recipe:

Get some Flank steak, you can marinate it overnight or just an hour or two, the marinade is:
2 cloves garlic minced
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup water
2 tablsp olive oil
1 tablsp soy sauce
1 tablsp worchestshire sauce
some cayenne and some salt and pepper (you decide how much, I did a couple shakes)
Put steak in a baggie and add ingredients, mix up and chill.

Next slice up 1 white onion, and 1 each of 3 colors of bell pepper, orange, red and green. You will need them cut into strips, fajita style. Put 2 tablsp olive oil in a hot cast iron skillet and add the onion and peppers, season with some salt and pepper, cook over medium heat until soft and carmelized, or to your liking. When done, transfer to a dish and keep warm, now get your skillet smoking hot and drop in the flank steak (discard the marinade). Cook steak a few minutes each side until desired doneness, remove and let sit for 10 minutes, then slice the meat into strips. Now you can add the meat and veggies back into the pan and reheat and mix all together, Serve on flour tortillas, with cilantro, cheese, avocado,  sour cream, lettuce, and salsa! MUY BIEN!!

Hope you have and fun fantastic fajita and fox filled day....

Brought to you by the letter F






No comments: