I found this recipe from www.shockinglydelicious.com And I made it tonight, Wow! Pretty darn good!
The only thing missing was the grilled flavor but I just don't have a huge open fire grill in my house and there was no propane on the outdoor grill...so I just oven baked them and I gotta tell you, it was Yummy!
You just need this chicken, some flour tortillas, salsa, and mexican rice.
Once on the plate, you shred your chicken into a tortilla, add salsa and rice, roll and eat, fabulous!
A nice cold margarita helps the process as well!
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno, seeds included
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or 6-ish pieces of bone-in chicken like breasts, thighs, drumsticks in any combination you like)
- I used 6 chicken thighs skin on!
When ready to grill, remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill chicken over medium heat until done, about 20-25 minutes, turning once for nice grill marks. You can add some moist mesquite chips to the grill for a smoky flavor.
As I said above, I did not grill, so what I did, I laid out the 6 chicken thighs on a baking pan and cooked for 40 minutes at 400* degrees, let rest and then served.