Sunday, November 24, 2013

French Bread Pizza!

Tonight we stayed in and made homemade french bread pizza! Yum!

That's mine, jalapeno, mushroom, bell pepper, pepperoni.

Hubby can be so boring,,,pepperoni and jalepeno.

All done, it was fabulous!
Here is how we got it done:

2 loaves French bread cut in half then cut in 4's.
2 jars pizza sauce, they only had small jars??
pepperoni slices
mushrooms
bell pepper
Italian cheese blend shredded
Parmesan cheese
red pepper

heat oven to 450*

I like to saute my mushrooms and bell pepper in butter and olive oil once it is cooked through, crank up the heat and throw in a cup of white wine and let it reduce to nothing...fabulous!!

Now you can ladle on sauce onto your bread, add cheese and ingredients and bake at 450* until cooked through and cheese is all melty...about 10-15 minutes..let it sit up about 10 minutes then dig in to homemade pizza!! It was awesome!!

I would like to add up the cost of this compared to ordering a pizza from the corner....I will be back with that info shortly.....
Ok, I figured it out at about 15.00 and we have leftovers, I love cold pizza so breakfast tomorrow is taken care of! If we order a pizza from the corner pizzeria it is about 15.00 but it is good pizza not cheap cardboard pizza..so we decided we loved making our own pizza, the flavor was outstanding! And we could really customize, the corner pizzaria only gives us a large pepperoni with half jalepeno for the 15.00, here I had my mushrooms, and bell pepper added for no charge more.

3 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

This is a great idea! I would love to do this with my little people! They would have a blast!!! And that sounds about right on the price. We pay around 20 bucks at our local pizza place down the street for an extra large family pie....but your recipe is way more fun and the beans can make up any creation they want! Thanks so much for sharing this one!!! Have a great week you!

Colleen Mcgraw said...

looks great but I'm still a 1-2-3 pizza girl all the way

Tanya said...

FABULOUS, girlfriend...next time, try using your own sauce, instead of jarred - you'll love it even more! Quite the little cook, you are - Charlie's never boring. ME