Monday, September 6, 2010

Takin' it to the streets...

Or Long Train Running....My Favorite song, must be that harmonica in it..oh, look for a harmonica necklace inspired by the Doobie Brothers in my shop coming soon...

My music loving friends snagged Doobie Brother tickets at the last minute...so off we went!
Colleen, her hubby Greg, Me, and Tanya, (Erin was awol)!

Wow, I forgot how many Doobie Brothers songs I like! But listining to Classic Vinyl station on my sirius has really been great, I hear all these great bands from the 60's and 70's, when people played their own instruments and had to sing with their real voices! This band has great harmony, like the Eagles...we all wondered how the Doobie Brothers would sound without Michael McDonald's superstar voice...Let me tell you they had no problem rocking that concert hall last night!! They sounded amazing and the guitar playing was so good, at one point John McFee was playing a Steel Guitar, wow, the sound was so blues infused!

That was one of the best concerts I have seen!
Thanks for calling and pulling me away from my sunday nap, and thanks to Greg for driving!
Until next time, keep on Rockin' down the Highway.....

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Illinois Central, Southern Central Freight...

Thanks for a wonderful evening, friend!

Tanya said...

And, who TAKES naps for THAT long, anyway????????