Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pinterest recipe, Winner!

Got another great recipe off pinterest. This one was shared by KevinandAmanda.com, she made this from The Best Simple Recipes book, from America's Test Kitchens.
I bought the book, you know you can trust ATK, they try everything out first!
This was sooooo good!! Spicy Sausage Pasta...
Here is mine:

You can use any sausage you like but she raved about the turkey sausage so I gave that a go, it was really good! Quick and easy one pan meal! 30 minutes to make, serve with a salad and you have a happy meal!
I used mini bowtie pasta, I just love those little cuties!
Here is the recipe:


Spicy Sausage Pasta

1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb smoked sausage (try the turkey)
1.5 cups diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild (I used regular, had a nice kick) Oh, and you don't drain them!
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz penne pasta (I used 1 1/2 cups mini bowties)
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (I used jack & cheddar mix, cause I had it)
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions

1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy to be back reading...will definitely try this one out! Thanks, Chica!

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh I am so down for this one friend!! I will be trying it for the hubs!!! Happy weekend to you friend!! Nicole xo