Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's soup weather!

I was watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives the other day, when Guy goes to Grover's cafe in New York, I think....but anyway the lady there made Cheeseburger Soup, oh dog, Guy could not stop eating it!!
I love cheeseburgers but I can't really eat the buns and the meat anymore, but I thought maybe all liquidy in a soup might be great and no big butt bun to deal with!! And I can buy the meat my tummy agrees with!

So I searched online and found the recipe for it or as close as anyone could get, you can watch the video here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/cheeseburger-soup/46957.html
I got the recipe here: havepanwillcook

The temperature dropped here and today was very chilly, only going to be in the 20's to 40's for the next week or two...perfect soup weather!



YOU HAVE to try this soup it is amazing!!

1 pound lean ground beef  or whatever type meat you desire for a cheeseburger
1/4 onion minced fine
3 tablespoons butter
1 box low sodium chicken broth 32 oz
1 two pound brick Velveeta cheese cubed
1 1/2 cups cream
2 tbsp flour mixed with some water to make a slurry
chopped tomatoes and chopped lettuce

Brown your ground beef until crumbly and set aside.
In large soup pot melt butter and add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes on medium heat. Add the chicken broth, the Velveeta, the cream, cook on medium heat until all melted, then add your flour slurry and turn up heat to bring it all to a boil, make sure you stir constantly and add the meat.

Now ladle into bowls and add about a handful of lettuce and a couple spoonfuls of tomatoes, stir and eat!! The lettuce freaked Guy out until he started eating it and he said the lettuce makes the soup!! He was so right, I love it!!!
Fabulous!!!

2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Is it crazy that I have never heard of cheeseburger soup!?!?! But man does that sound awesome!!! I will add it to my soup list! So cold by you all! It is supposed to be very cold here over the weekend as well! I think I might just make a pot! A happy day to you tomorrow!

Tanya said...

OK - I'm gonna' try this - you ROCK, woman!