Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A little fun in the kitchen...

I stayed home one day last week and decided, I am going to try making Christmas cookies! I have never been able to bake cookies, what was I thinking?
Cakes I can do, casseroles I can do, pies I can do....but never cookies.

OH CRAP! I just realized I did not email the pics to myself and I deleted them from my phone and ipad..
I don't like to keep a lot of stuff so I delete everyday...only keep what I want...I did keep this photo...
once his head fell off, I went with it....anyone remember this guy.....OH Noooooooooo, Mr. Bill for SNL???
Basically the rest of the cookies looked the same, just lines and some sugar sprinkles, really primitive!

Tanya got me a Pizelle baker one year for a gift, still can't master the dang thing...but it is a lost art and I will conquer it one year! No picture of mine, but they came out kinda close, mine were thicker, gotta work on that, they should not be thick! These are beautiful!
Not mine, just showing what they should look like!
How the hell do these people do this???
Geez, I wish I could decorate like that!

I really want to learn to make these!!

This must me some professional, wow, they are awesome!!
Maybe next year I will try again, but for now, I am done with cookies...I don't even want to eat one.
Going to make a big pot of chili, hey, at least I know my chili is the best there is!! And there is no decorating involved!

4 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Ha!!! Way to keep it real!! You had me rolling with that pic friend!!! I have no idea how people get that perfectionist look with cookies!!! We do big blobs of cornflake wreaths with red hots stuck in them for berries! And I love that Tanya bought you a pizzelle maker!!! I have really great memories of eating these as a kid!!! Hope you are enjoying your chili friend! A merry week to you!!

Tanya said...

Next year, we are doing a baking party - Pizzelles and sugar cookies!!!!

Tanya said...

Next year, we're doing a baking party, Chica - Pizzelles and sugar cookies!!! OH NOOOOOO! OH YESSSS!

Mary said...

Okay - next year, first Saturday in December, you are coming to Cookie Bake. We WILL teach you to make cookies and you'll be stunned at how easy it is! Oh, and I do remember Mr. Bill....