Saturday, March 16, 2013

Birthday Blowout!

Birthdays are so much fun! I love to spoil others on their special day, I have always thought birthdays are your one day that is no one else's, unless someone you know shares your birthday!
But for the most part it is your day to be treated like a king or queen!
Well, I guess others feel the same way and I got treated royally!
I have gift cards to restaurants from Deb and Travis and Rebecca, hand knitted gloves for my scrapbooking retreats
 from Tanya, if you want to make your own she has info on her blog : www.beadandneedle.blogspot.com 
A new frog prince and Chianti bottle from my sister, Christy. I want to have a collection of Chianti bottles for over the refrigerator. Dishtowels and pot holders made by Tanya. Lots of cards from stamping friends. Pink gloves from Ronna, paperweight and cosmetic bag from Deb.
 
 
 I am so amazed at the gifts from Tanya, she is so talented in all she makes and she can make anything, knits, sews, solders, quilts, makes jewelry.... 
 
She made me a whole set of solder necklace charms complete with SRV, George Michael, Boy George, the dancing woodstock girl. clovers and violets, even a charm that has a quote by Jim Morrison that says " some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts"!
We all know how much I hate to get my hair cut!
She also made the rosary chain to hang them on by hand! Stunning!
Fronts
Backs
 BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE.....you have to see this purse, my horrible photography does not do this justice, it is amazing, even my husband loves this purse!!

 It is made with Monkey fabric!! How "Jackie" is that!!! We all know I love monkeys, but they have to be cute adorable monkeys, with nice faces, these monkeys are fabulous and they are playing music! I love the soft black/gray color...I have not put this purse down!! It will go everywhere with me!! It features a huge vintage coat button for an accent as well!!

Last year I took her to see Aerosmith and Cheap Trick for her birthday, so I think she went a little over board for my birthday this year...hmmmm, how do I top Aerosmith for her next birthday, perhaps a phone call to Mr. Robert Plant is in order to set up a private concert???
The monkey bag!

Detail of stitching around the monkeys and plants, that Tanya does on her own sewing machine!


2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

AMAZING!!! Happy Birthday sweet lady! What a wonderful celebration for you! So much love and goodness here! I think a private concert with Robert Plant sounds awesome!!!! Tanya's work is stunning! I am in utter amazement of her talents! Wow! You are so lucky to have one another on this journey called life! And that purse! Oh that purse is fantastic! Cheers to you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Elisabeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And wow! What amazing gifts you got! They are all great :)