Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Veggie quesadilla!


Since I cut back on eating so much meat, I have been trying to make fun stuff with veggies! I love quesadillas, but I am watching the dairy intake as well so I loaded it with veggies and just about 2 tablespoons of cheese to bind it all together.
Here is how you get it done:

2 flour tortillas
1 poblano chile roasted
olive oil
spinach raw leaves
salsa- I like herdez hot

First roast your chiles,You need one for thi,s but I do more then one and use them in other things, put in baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and roast 350 for 40 minutes, remove from oven place in bowl and cover with foil for 8 minutes. Then you can peeel skin, de-seed and slice into strips.

Heat a flat skillet and place one tortilla down, sprinkle some cheese on, some spinach leaves, some salsa and add on the poblano slices, cover with other tortilla and brown both sides real good. Plate and let sit a few minutes then slice with a pizza wheel into triangles! Delicious!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

When did you "quit the meat"? Much healthier life-style! Good for you - just remember to still eat lots of protein! (Nag. Nag.) The recipe looks great!

Tanya said...

So, you're giving up ALL the meats now?

You're gonna' be so healthy!

Colleen Mcgraw said...

So when did you give up meat? Are you going towards the Vegan life? Oh my!

Colleen said...

This does not sound good at all - Sorry!