Monday, September 9, 2013

Wine Walk Town Square 2013



I joined my bartender friend Deby for a fun filled evening of wine tasting over at Town Square Saturday night. It was too much fun! We got to taste 20 wines as we walked around town square, tons of shopping and restaurants. We started  at 5:00 at Brio for appetizers and wine, oh, the shrimp and eggplant appetizer was great. Then at 7:00 we got our glasses and wrist band and hit the streets...Deby does not have ocd so she just got in line at any old table she came across, I was a little freaked about that because I thought we should start at 1 and follow through until 20 but, no worries, I left my comfort zone behind and we jumped right in....took what we could get....ahhh, number 2 was fabulous, my favorite of the night...Back House Pinot Noir, so smooth and velvety, no after bite, just the creamy velvety taste of a deep red...I could imagine drinking it with a 16oz prime rib or a gorgeous rib eye steak, medium rare.....oh lovely!
On we went tasting reds and whites and moscato and asti....whew, we walked and talked and just enjoyed the people and the scenery....they had a band playing in the center park, we sat and enjoyed some fun tunes, great little band, sorry no name but I had just tasted plenty of wine and was just enjoying the moment of music and the cool evening...we finished up when her ride had arrived and I hopped in taxi for home. we will definitely do these tastings again! So, with that I will leave you with "Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Here is a listing of the wines we had:

1. Gnarly Head Merlot: OK red
2. Back house Pinto Noir: the Oscar winner of the night, fabulous red!
3.Besitos Red blend: we both liked this blend, I would buy this for sure!
4.Montes Alpha Chardonnay: this was OK for a chardonnay
5.Vina robles white: not impressed
6.Castle Rock pinto noir: I have this in my cellar, was excited to try it, not so after tasting it.
7.Santa Christina Red: I had the Christina pinot grigio loved it! but this red was boring
8.Tres hermans muscat canellie: not much to write home about
9.Baron des Charrons Bordeaux: this was nice, full body red, would be great with a good steak!
10. Redtree Red Zinfandel: nope missed the boat on this one
11. Gustafson syrah rose: I like rose but this one was pretty flat
12. IL Bastione Asti: Oh Deby loved this one, I am not a bubbly drinker so no comment from me, I gave her my glass!
13.Reserve De laube Syrah Merlot: this was good a syrah merlot blend, nice!
14.Tres Hermanas Syrah: another OK sryah
15.Redcliffe Riesling: oh very boring for a Riesling, and love my Rieslings.
16.Giocoso sparkling Lambrusco: wow, sweet and bubbly, no thank you!
17.Spinelli Sangiovese: nothing special here
18:Gazela Vinto Verde: can't recall this one, too late in the show I guess! hahaha!
19:Flip Flop Bubbly Moscato: Deby liked it but i can't do the carbonation, I do like their pinot grigio though!
20.Vinanmas Garnacha Temprillo: This was a Spanish wine and Deby does not like the Spanish wines but I do, after tasting in Spain I was hooked, this was a nice Spanish wine!
The winner! Fabulous wine!
Always remember to have a designated driver!
Charlie and I drove back the next afternoon and picked up my car!
Be Safe and Be Happy!

3 comments:

Hindustanka said...

Nice wine.. :) I LOVE wine too, and you look so happy in the last pic :)hehe Cheers!

My Garden Diaries said...

What a list and what a good time!!! Sounds like the perfect evening! Have a super Wednesday lady!!

Tanya said...

Sorry I had to miss it - sounds like a GRAND time!