Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Simple Life

I need to get back to basics. I need to de-stress. I need to quit worring about everything I say or do.
Life is too short to be unhappy. It has been my motto for years, and I think with all I have gone through these last 6 months I lost site of my primary goal in life, live simple and be happy.
So I am going to take a break from the rat race and all the stress it causes. I just want to do the simple things in life: cuddle on the couch with my hubby, lounge at the pool with my glass of wine, watch the clouds roll by. I will only be here a short while longer ( 20 years?) and I want to make the best of the rest of my life, unlike how our moms spent their last years, holed up in their mobile homes, never getting out and enjoying some of the simple joys in life...so you may not see me post for awhile but don't worry, I am just getting some fresh air and sunshine and trying to find joy in the little things!
Peace out, my bloggy friends!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy...I hope you don't quit posting, Chica - you're the one who got me into this mess! :-)

Colleen said...

If you learn how to meditate, they say it helps so you might want to try that!

It's easy for one to tell you to quit stressing but that's easier said than done - leave many things in the past and just enjoy the minute you are in and not worry about the next minute!

Good for you, Chica!

Colleen Mcgraw said...

20 years ....are you kidding you got more than that in you.
"Don't worry....be happy" have fun this weekend missy.
Lets do coffee when we get back

Mary said...

I agree with Colleen - you have more than 20 years! I also agree with Tanya, don't quit blogging, you got me into this!

That said, kick back and relax. Nothing is worth stressing over. You've been through a lot and deserve some time to recover!

Ronna said...

Amen to that!