Sunday, August 12, 2012

Taco Cupcakes!

This is everywhere on the internet and it just seemed too good to be true!
I had to try it! What better time to try it then Sunday morning breakfast!




I used the recipe from www.girl-who-ate-everything.com as my recipe guideline.
I made a couple changes, this is how mine went down:

pack of wonton wrappers
1 lb ground beef
pack of taco mix (McCormick is my fav)
1 can refried beans
shredded cheese
crushed tortilla chips

Plus, your favorite taco toppings: I used lettuce, taco sauce, salsa, sour cream. You can do guacamole, onions, cilantro. You can also make them with no meat, or with shredded chicken, the possibilities are endless! This would be perfect to take to a party!

Cook the ground beef and taco mix. Heat beans. Spray muffin pans with non stick spray. Put a wonton wrapper in each cup. Put a spoonful of beans, some crushed chips, we thought maybe those two should be switched as the beans made the bottom a little soggy, but then I took them out of the pan and let sit up on a rack and they were fine, so your choice!

after beans and chips, add a spoonful of  meat, then cheese. Bake at 375* for ten minutes. remove from oven, remove each cupcake to rack to set up, serve with toppings! Excellent no mess tacos!!
Charlie loved them! I can see making these with extra beans so I can omit meat, maybe even black beans and more veggies!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow, these look delicious and I will definitely will try them! Maybe for lunch or dinner but not for breakfast!

Good job, chica!!!!!!

Tanya said...

These look fabulous!!!!!

Colleen said...

I went on her blog and saw that she did the double-decker ones but I think I like the single ones!!!!

Can't wait to make them!

Mary said...

Think I'll take these to the next wine club meeting! Thanks!