Friday, April 27, 2012

Recipes sometimes fail...

When charlie is busy with the race cars, I love to try new recipes, but they don't always live up to my expectations. I am not sure if it is because I am a really bad cook, no matter how hard I try. Or are these recipes really are not as good as they sound?
So I ask my fellow bloggers try some of these recipes and see what happens in your kitchen! Please let me know your results if you decide to try them out!
In the last couple weeks I made the lemon ricotta cookies here: Meyer Lemon Ricotta Cookies
they were very bland, but my oven decided to pick it's own temperture so maybe the baking got a little funky on them??
Then there is the ribeye from Pioneer woman :Ribeye Steak with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce
I had high hopes for this but I guess living in OK you get melt in your mouth steak, here in Vegas you get old dried up shoe leather steak, I did not over cook it, it was perfect, pink and beautifully cooked but had no flavor (meats fault) and the sauce was kinda bland as well??
Next up: Fettucini with Creamy Portobello Gruyere Sauce I really thought this was going to knock me out of my socks but it fell flat, really flat. I did use bowtie pasta and I added some pan seared chicken but still BORING!


I will have to say I had a terrific HIT!
Chicken-Broccoli Penne Alfredo Her recipe was so delicious! I will be filing under my ultimate comfort food!! Really tasty!
So there you have it, I have been busy cooking and spring cleaning and working for the man, it does have it's perks, I am getting a new laptop, faster than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, yes, it is made of steel, Haha! My superman laptop, I call it my "laptop on steroids" will be here soon. My 3 year old laptop is a dinosaur in todays techno age, plus my hubby broke my screen by tilting it to hard and now I have vertical lines constantly while looking at the screen, so it was time....see you soon in cyberland with my almighty new laptop!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

These all look SO delicious to me - I am sad that some of them flopped. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your cooking, because I've had it and everything you cook ROCKS! Once I am back off the Atkins, I will try them for you and let you know what I think. Until then, how do you get to Carnegie Hall??????? XOXOXO

Colleen Mcgraw said...

Hope you are going Mac ...it will be just like using your phone but so much better. You know what they say?
Once you go Mac you never go back.