Monday, June 20, 2016

First day of summer, time for soup???

My heaven here on earth, I will be playing here all summer!

Slicing and dicing is half the fun!

The liquid gold, so yummy, yummy, ENJOY!

My sister and I melded a few different recipes together to come up with this amazing COLD soup, if you have never had gazpacho in the summer, you truly have not lived a full life!

You must make up a batch ASAP! Start in the early morning, this soup needs time to come together and chill properly. It is a lot of chopping and dicing but in the end you will find the work is sooooo worth it!

Let's start off with HAPPY HALLELUJAH it is SUMMER!!! My favorite time of year, I am happy, I am glowing, I am living la vida loca!
Tank tops and flip flops and pool time and grilling goodies.....oh yes, I am in paradise.

OK, on to some chilling good soup!

We called this: TWO SISTERS GAZPACHO

You will need:
one large glass gallon jar

1 bottle 64 oz. spicy V8 juice
1 large English cucumber peeled and diced
1 regular cucumber peeled and diced
3 large garlic cloves minced
1 large jalapeno seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
1/2 a red onion peeled and diced
3 vine ripe tomatoes diced
3 green onions diced
4 stalks celery diced
3 tablespoons cilantro chopped fine
juice of one lime
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
2 teaspoons kosher salt

Put all ingredients in the jar, stir to combine, and let chill in fridge for 3 hours or more. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream, so refreshing and delicious!
Trust me, you will thank me for this summer time recipe!

No comments: