Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Meals!

Here is another fabulous summer meal, nice and light but so filling!
Crab Cakes with Lemon Dill Sauce and Caesar salad with homemade croutons!


The crab cakes are from Paula Dean off the Foodnetwork site, just go to foodnetwork.com and search crab cakes!
I used a can of crabmeat, BumbleBee Fancy Lump Crab Meat to be exact, You might need a few cans as this only made 4 small or 3 large cakes! Perfect for me as Charlie is racing and I am on my own, we all know I love to cook all the fun and tasty food when he is not home! Poor Guy can't handle a little onion and bell pepper! Good thing I love him anyway!!
The Caesar dressing is one I have posted many times from my friend, Colleen Myler, the bead wizzard, her blog is listed on the right side. She taught me how to make her homemade rye bread croutons, which you can eat by the bowlful!! Just find a crouton recipe but use dark rye bread instead!! You will never buy the boxed stuff ever again!! Oh and make sure you add a little red onion and real Parmesan to your Caesar salad too, makes all the difference!!
So there you have it, a nice summer dinner. I should point out that the lemon dill sauce clashed with the caesar dressing, I was going to make some roasted asparagus but did not want to turn on the oven. I had the croutons left over from another meal, so I just went with the salad, I think the asparagus would have gone great with the crab cakes! Next time!! So tell me what you are cooking this summer and share the love!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks great, chica - yummy! Yeah, the dill sauce and the caesar salad dressing might not mix too well. Oh, and don't forget, Charlie doesn't like tomatoes either!

I'm glad you learned how to spell Caesar correctly!

I have made Paula's crab cakes before and they are very good! I'm not cooking anything special - I'm sick of cooking!

Enjoy the 4th in your pool!

Ronna said...

Looks delish!

Mary said...

I'll have to send you my crab cakes recipe. It's pretty much all crab meat. My mother, the crab cake connoisseur, loves them.

Tonight Chris made chicken Marsala and I made mushroom risotto and broccoli with Italian herbs. With a Trefethen pinot noir, we had an amazing Saturday night dinner!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I made the crab cakes-- very good! Will make them again for sure!
Lucilles for dinner tonight- Smoked Salmon salad- but it was a bit too fishy! Will stick to the crab cakes!
sis christy