Thursday, July 28, 2011

You know those emails....


You know those emails you get with all kinds of tips and tricks and household hints, usually from the 50's when all they had was 3 kinds of cereal to choose from and there were only 3 kinds of asprin on the shelves you could take and they would cure anything, unlike today, where we have a whole aisle just of cereal and there all billions of medications..it is really overwhelming sometimes, so I tend to try home remedies first, most really work.

I received an email from my friend, Tanya, it was about putting egg whites on burns, I checked it on snopes, and they didn't say it works, but they didn't say it didn't, so I figured next time I burn myself in the kitchen, I will give it a try.

Last night I grill some chicken in my grill pan and popped it in the oven, for 15 minutes, took the pan out and used tongs to place the chicken on a plate and tented with foil, turned back around and the grill pan was sitting on the stove, I grabbed the handle thinking it was cool, and lifted the pan then dropped it and ran to the sink, I ran cold water on my hand for 20 minutes, reached around to the fridge, thank goodness I have a small kitchen, grabbed an egg, cracked it open, one handed mind you, put the egg white in a shallow bowl and dipped my burnt hand in the white...I continued to coat my hand with the egg white solution, I used two egg whites over the next 2 hours, dipping and coating my hand.

Within in the first half hour, I had no more pain, my hand was coated as if I had stuck my hand in elmers glue and let it dry, well, by this time it was bedtime, so I just left my dried up hand alone and went to sleep, still no pain at all...

This morning I wash my hand in cold water, got all the egg white off, AMAZING, you can see where my hand is burned, I even have the line from the pan handle burned into my finger, but there is NO PAIN and NO BLISTERS!!
I can tell my hand is burned when I touch stuff (dead nerves) but no pain and no blisters????

Even Charlie said he could not believe what he was seeing, as he saw my hand and the blisters that had started to form when I burned it.

Wow! I will always put egg whites on a burn, I am a true believer now!!!

6 comments:

Bead and Needle said...

HOORAY!!! Finally, one of those emails that WORKS! I am glad you are OK, Chica! See you in a few hours...ME

MOM said...

THANK YOU, TANYA! YOU SAVED MY LITTLE LIZARD!! YOU SHOULD SEND THIS STORY OUT ON THE WEB.
LUV, MOM.

Colleen said...

That is the email that I had sent around and glad it worked for you and hope I don't need to use is but you never know!

Glad you are better for your scrap-booking weekend - have fun!

MOM said...

COLLEEN....THANK YOU, TOO!!
LUV, MOM.

Ronna said...

I never would have known to use eggs for a burn. Hope I don't but if I do,I'll surely grab an egg....wait, I don't usually have eggs in my fridge, so what then?

Mandy said...

I hope your all recovered! I'm going to have to try this I burn myself ALL the time, except I don't cook so I don't usually have eggs in the house!