Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kitchen Ideas!

Ok, Here is the scheme I chose for my kitchen redo! White and Aqua, with just a little touch of red!
I am choosing white cabinets, gray counters and I will paint the wall and soffits aqua. I should be able to pull this look off. I will keep the dining room the same, only I will paint the wall white and put my old tin signs back up, I am also going to get a nice retro diner type clock for the area as well. So hang out for awhile and see I can acheive the look.

Here are a couple red items I will be buying:

I also need to search out some red, white, aqua fabric to redo the kitchen chairs in, has to be heavy duty, like barkcloth. I am thinking the old cherries vintage type fabric. The fun is in the find, so I will be scouring antique malls soon. I hope to have this done by my birthday in March!
Have a creative day!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

You're never gonna' want to leave home after that is done! GRAND!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a winner to me. Tres retro.
MOM.

Tanya said...

Jackson Browne - the fabric (in case you're searching already) we might need to look for (at least the vintage stuff) in a cherries design is called "sailcloth" - they used it for the heavy tablecloths - it's like canvas, almost.

MOM said...

YOU ALREADY HAVE THE "LITTLE RED TEAPOT", THAT BELONGED TO YOUR GRANDMOTHER, TO USE FOR AN ACCENT.
TOO BAD WE CAN'T FIND THE RED ROSE CANISTERS SHE HAD WHEN I WAS A KID.
MOM