Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Plants are fun!




I received an amaryllis plant from Ferne for Christmas, it was only about 2 inches big, now it is almost 3 feet!! I can't believe it is still alive! It is getting ready to bloom!

My sister is great with plants, anything that is alive she can keep alive, not me, I missed out on that gene, she is a Registered Veterinary Technician and saves animals lives every day. Our house was filled with plants growing up and animals, they thrived, all because of Christy. My thumb is black.
I am lucky my son survived toddlerhood. Well, she helped with that as well, he almost choked to death on a dorito, I froze like a deer in the headlights but not Christy she turned him upside down and wacked him on his back, he lived another day!
Today I decided since I was doing so well with the amaryllis plant that I would try a terrarium, I saw nora griffin of www.noragriffin.typepad.com get one for christmas and I thought, that is perfect for me, terrarium's are great, no maintenance, just a spritz of water every couple months, it is it's own eco system so they are self sustaining. Works for me!

I went to lowe's and bought the supplies 23.00 later my terrarium is all done! Let's see if it can survive. Place your bets folks, place your bets!

Go out and make something fun tomorrow, you'll be glad you did! I am!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I think that will live just fine, black thumb and all...it's a new year and a new Jackie - Mrs. Greenjeans! Does it need a teeny little snail, cuz' I can get you one of those!

Tanya

Tanya said...

Oooooooh - a blue blog! Very pretty - want to see the little Madagascar monkey and rock in the terrarium. ME

Colleen Mcgraw said...

You need to have a frog with a crown in that terrarium.. I love it.