Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Weekend of firsts!




I made my first drive ever to california, well, I drove to Las Vegas in a moving van following charlie in our truck back in 2001 when we moved here, but this was the first time I ever drove to and back by myself...I went to silverado, california which is the hills of orange county. Nice area, actually Modjeska canyon rd, houses up in the hills, I went to scrapbook in mary's house, saturday morning you get up to coffee and rabbits outside the door, then we took a 3 mile hike to the sanctuary, round trip, wow, what a nice walk!! 1 1/2 miles to the sanctuary and then back, stopping to pet goats and horses along the way!! I am so gald I still got my exercising in and my scrapbooking all weekend!! Mary's house is fabulous and I was treated like royalty! Thank you Mary for a great weekend retreat! I made it back from california in 3 1/2 hours!!
Ok lots to catch up on so see you all soon!!

6 comments:

Beadmetaler said...

You are such a little speed demon ...3.5hours???
Ronna .... where are your people when we need them???

Amanda said...

How beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night for Cinco de Mayo!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend, Speed Racer! The rabbits have glowing eyes - did I ever tell you about the movie Night of the Lepus, with gigantic, mutant, rabid rabbits? Perhaps a dinner topic! :-) Tanya

Colleen said...

Hey Girlfriend!!!!!!!

I can't believe you didn't get stopped for speeding! Glad you had a good time and what a beautiful home!

Mandy said...

I love that first pic! Your great photographer! Sounds like you had a blast! As for the glowing eyes, I got a glowing eye pic myself in Hawaii, but it was of a cat! Will have to show you at dinner tonight!

Mary said...

Of course you were treated like royalty - to me you ARE royalty. It was so great to see you. Thanks so much for visiting. It was such a treat. And thank you for my birthday present! Oh, and so much for ever being able to say "I'm a slow driver" ever again!