Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You get the good and the bad....

Blogging can't be all fun, in life we get good news and we get bad news...

My grandma passed away yesterday...she was a person I took after and most wanted to be like, she liked to laugh and goof off but she was not a loud person, reserved, never had the best luck in life, she could have had a great life had she chose to be with her boyfriend, Dante, they dated for over 25 years that I know of...but she chose to take of her daughter (my mom) and her kids (me and my sisters and the grandkids that followed)....she sacrificed everything she had for us...

Thank you Ginia and enjoy your peace in heaven, you deserve it!!

Me and Ginia about 1969

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a grandmother who was such a positive influence in your life. She was a beautiful woman and I think you resemble her. She will always be with you in spirit.
Pat K.

Amanda said...

Jackie, I'm so sorry that you lost your grandmother. Grandmothers are great teachers and and have powerful influences in our lives. Take care and let me know if you need anything.

Mandy said...

I'm sorry to hear your sad news. I will keep you in my thoughs and know that I'm always just a phone call or email away.

Anonymous said...

Jackie, Sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I know your relationship with her was a special one. Both of my grandmothers passed away when I was quite young and I never had the chance to know them. I wished I had. My thoughts are with you....